TransParcNet Meeting 2017 – Registrations are now open!
Ecoregion Julian Alps (Prealpi Giulie Regional Nature Park, IT and Triglav National Park, SI)
This year the European transboundary parks community will meet from 6th to 9th June to discuss climate change in cross-border protected areas at the 9th TransParcNet meeting “Changing climate – changing parks”.
This year’s meeting will focus on climate change effects, solutions for adaptation to those and examples of climate change mitigation from transboundary protected areas across Europe.
The climate is changing, bringing changes that affect the life of every being on earth. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we crop, they all depend on the quality of our ecosystems. Climate change isn’t a matter of single countries. Therefore cross-border protected areas, cooperating on environmental topics regardless of national boundaries, are at the forefront of tackling that issue together.
From the mountain tops to river basins there is a huge variety of cross-border protected areas. As diverse as they are in their nature, are their challenges, approaches and solutions towards climate change. Your contribution and experiences concerning climate change and related adaptation and mitigation strategies are very welcome.
Registration is open and on-line registration, including reservation of accommodation, is available HERE. Deadline for registration is 21st April 2017.
Tuesday, 6th June
14.00 Arrival, registration in the Triglav National Park Information Centre Dom Trenta, accommodation
17.00 Opening at Triglav National Park Information Centre Dom Trenta
- Short welcome by heads of the Transboundary Ecoregion Julian Alps
- Welcome by dr. Igor Šoltes, member of European Parliament, host parks and EUROPARC
- Introductory presentation of the Transboundary Ecoregion Julian Alps
- Short visit to Dom Trenta
19.00 Dinner Buffet of typical products from transboundary parks across Europe and come-together in the Triglav National Park Information Centre Dom Trenta
Wednesday, 7th June – Plenary session day
9.00 Presentation of the day (Mr. Marko Pretner, Triglav National Park)
- Mr. Franco Iacop, president of the Council of Friuli Venezia Giulia (tbc)
- Mr. Daniel Krivec, member of Slovenian parliament
9.30 Session I – Changing climate, changing parks
- Changing climate – changing parks (Ms. Carol Ritchie, Executive Director EUROPARC Federation)
- Guidelines on Climate Change and N2000 (Representative of the European Commission, tbc)
- Climate change in the Ecoregion Julian Alps (Mr. Renato Roberto Colucci (CNR Trieste), Ms. Tanja Menegalija)
10.30 – 11.00 coffee break
11.00 Session II – Strategies to change
- CLIMAPARKS – A project on monitoring and study the effects of climate change on biodiversity (Mr. Andrej Arih, Triglav National Park)
- Danube Parks/ICPDR – Climate change adaptation strategy for the Danube Basin (Representative of Danube Parks/ICPDR, tbc)
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch break
13.30 – 15.00 Short walk on Soča Trail
15.00 – 15.30 Coffee break
15.30 Session III – Changing parks: sustainable measures for the future
- Towards a more sustainable tourism in the Julian Alps: Application of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in a transboundary area (Ms. Mojca Smolej, Triglav National Park)
- Creation of sustainable public transport in the region of two National Parks (Representative of Saxon-Bohemian Switzerland)
17.00 Conclusions of the day
17.30 Results and follow up of the Transboundary Strategy Planning Meeting in Regensburg
19.00 Dinner in the local Pub and invitation to TransParcNet meeting 2018
Thursday, 8th June – Excursion day
9.00 Departure of the bus for both excursions to the Ecoregion Julian Alps
- Excursion 1: Venzone (please see detailed description in programme for download)
- Excursion 2: Mt Canin / Kanin (please see detailed description in programme for download)
17.30 Coffee break in Park Visitor Center of Prato di Resia (IT)
18.00 Visit of Park Visitor Center of Prato
19.30 Dinner in Hotel Carnia
22.00 Departure to accommodation in Trenta
Information on participation and travel
Conference venue and starting point for the excursions will be the Triglav National Park Dom Trenta, Na Logu, Trenta. See also the map at: https:[email protected],13.7232541,12z
- Airport »Toneta Pučnika«, Brnik – Slovenia
- Airport »Marco Polo«, Venice, Italy
- Airport »Antonio Canova« Treviso, Venice, Italy
Shuttles will be organized from Ljubljana Brnik Airport, Udine train station or Jesenice train station.
Trains are available to Udine (I) and to Villach (A), with good connection to Jesenice (SI)
You need to reach Karavanke Tunel or Pass Koren, then you need to take direction to Kranjska Gora and over pass Vršič to Trenta, to Triglav National Park Information center Dom Trenta.
If you come from the South you have to reach Udine and then follow direction to Cividale del Friuli and Kobarid / Caporetto. From here take the direction to Bovec and Trenta.
The rooms are pre-booked. Because the venue is in a small village we can offer only 18 single bed rooms. All other accommodation is only possible in double rooms or apartments for two or three people. For booking and more information see the registration part. All accommodation is in the National Park Center or National Park House and in private accommodation, all in walking distance from the venue.
Currency – EURO
Transboundary meeting fee per participant is 150 EUR (VAT incl.).
Costs for accommodation per night per person with tourist tax:
|Single room||31,26 EUR|
|Double room||22,26 EUR|
|AP for 2 person||26,26 EUR|
|AP for 3 person||21,26 EUR|
The on-line registration, including reservation of accommodation, is available HERE.
The venue is in a small village and there is limited number of accommodation. Therefore we need to limit the number of participants to 50 people. Hence participants from transboundary areas will be given priority. Register soon!
For logistic issues, please contact the Triglav National Park Information center Dom Trenta [email protected] or call the conference hotline +386 5 3889330.