Interreg projec for Tourism Development in the Nordic-Baltic
For the period 2014-2020. Interreg V-A South Baltic Cross-border Cooperation Programme is implemented project „Best practice in tourism development, marketing and sustainable management of Attractive Hardwoods“
EUROPARC member, Žemaitija National Park, together with the Swedish Forest Agency (SE), Blekinge region (SE), Blekinge County Administrative Board (SE), Gdansk regional SFE (PL) and the Pomeranian Tourist Board (PL) launched the European Union 2014-2020. Interreg V-A South Baltic Cross-border Cooperation programme project “Best practice in tourism development, marketing and sustainable management of Attractive Hardwoods“.
Project duration: 2016.07.01 – 2019.06.30
The project will aim to establish six new tourism products:
- installation of bird-watching location to the length of the lake;
- to create a mobile application on the service provided Žemaitija National Park;
- to create a 10-minute film about Žemaitija National Park;
- built two information terminals;
- certified new guides;
- create an exhibition.
In addition to these works will be carried out, and many others such as the Administration Web site update, strategies, Liepijų forest management, seminars, study tours organization and others.
The project aims to:
• to bring together the local community, individuals and legal entities to work together;
• develop new tourism products and services;
• develop a common strategy will be to increase and promote cross-border tourism, solid hardwood forests around the southern Baltic Sea region and the activities of the project will be carried out in carefully selected areas.