EUROPARC Council has decided to establish a Commission to discuss and propose a new revised policy for membership and its categories, taking into consideration the recent events:
- Fedenatur members becoming members of EUROPARC after the merge;
- network organisations that need a specific focus wanting to become our members;
- developing countries criteria for a reduced fee for members in each category;
- stakeholders organisations from Charter forums or/and tourism businesses as Charter partners;
- review of existing categories with clarification;
- other possible candidates.
These new possible categories have to be evaluated in terms of a possible need for statutes revision. Therefore, the 1-year commission will be working in the first semester of 2017, in order to have a proposal ready for EUROPARC General Assembly 2017.
To review the current membership categories of the EUROPARC Federation and make recommendations for future changes.
Paulo Castro, Treasurer of EUROPARC
Michaela Zeller, EUROPARC Finance Manager
Carol Ritchie, Executive Director of EUROPARC
Pierre Schmelzle, EUROPARC Council member
Giampiero Samuri, President of the Federparchi
Joke Kersten, President of the Low Countries Section