If you are interested in developing your capacity in nature conservation topics, there are several learning opportunities for you to choose from, both at an academic level (mainly Masters programs) or non academic level (one time training events).
We also list some of the opportunities of online learning on the topic.
You can find bellow a list of NGOs working in the field as well as Universities offering conservation programms.
1. NON – ACADEMIC TRAINING OFFERS
Here are some of the organizations offering training events:
- Propark Foundation for Protected Areas (in Romania)
- ATEN (in France)
- International Academy for Nature Conservation Isle of Vilm of the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (in Germany)
- Alfred Toepfer Academy of Nature Conservation (in Germany)
- Europarc Federation (in Germany)
- E.C.O. Institute for Ecology (Austria) – the „European Parks‘ Academy” – a new initiative of the IUCN/WCPA Europe, E.C.O. Institute of Ecology, University College for Agrarian and Environmental Pedagogy, TU Wien, Universitaet Klagenfurt and the University of Capodistria. The initiative is supported by the Austrian Ministry of Environment.
More details are available here (pages 10 and 11)
2. ACADEMIC TRAINING OFFERS
You can join learning programs in various university centers all over Europe:
- University of Greifswald – International study programme MSc Landscape Ecology & Nature Conservation
- University of Göttingen – Integrated bi-national Master of International Nature Conservation (M.Sc./M.I.N.C.)
- University of Cottbus – International Master’s programme World Heritage Studies
- University of Munich – International MSc programme ‘Sustainable Resource Management’
- University of Klagenfurt – MSc programme “Management of Protected Areas”
- University of Lublijana – “Natural Heritage Protection”
- University of Madrid – “Espacios naturales protegidas”
- Brikbeck University of London – MSc programme in Environmental Management (Countryside and Protected Area Management)
- University of Aberystwyth – BSc in “Countryside Management”
- University of Cambridge – MPhil degree in Conservation Leadership
- University of Edinburgh – MSc in Environmental Protection & Management
More details are available here (pages 8 and 9)
3. ONLINE TRAININGS
A valid alternative for training events are the online lessons available here:
- ConservationTraining platform
- United for Wildlife platform
- Conservation MOOC list
- France Universite Numerique MOOC on biodiversity (available in french)
We strongly recommend all of them.
4. WORKSHOPS / OTHER TRAINING EVENTS
For other initiatives in the field of capacity building for Protected Areas that should be included here, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (state within the subject of the message: Capacity Building Section – Learning Opportunities)