Currently we are looking for:
Full-time Project Officer & Communications Assistant (f/m/d)
EUROPARC is looking to recruit a talented individual who can complement the EUROPARC team. He or she will work to support the administration and implementation of various projects and, specifically, EUROPARC’s communications activities.
As the lead partner of a new ambitious capacity building project (LIFE ENABLE), there is a specific role as Project Officer/ Communications Assistant. This supporting role is critical to the effective and efficient running of the project.
We offer a chance to bring your passion for nature and communications together, working to connect people with nature and value Protected Areas across Europe.
This is a full-time position (40 hr/week). The contract is limited to 3 years (project based).
The place of work is Regensburg Headquarter or Brussels Office.
The applicant needs to be able to work in the EU currently, without restrictions.
Start date: ideally beginning of August, but early September at the latest.
- Affinity with EUROPARC’s mission, values and core principles
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant or similar role
- Experience of supporting the delivery of EU funded projects
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Clear ability to work in English both written and spoken
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is desired but not essential, sufficient and extensive experience would need to be detailed
- Knowledge of project funding procedures, technical guidelines and reporting processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Willing to learn and grow in the post
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages, is an advantage
- International working environment
- A small and dedicated team
- Support and guidance from an experienced and multi- national team
- Work in an exciting, high energy environment where you can make a difference
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth
The opportunity to bring new ideas to our team, and your contribution to develop and innovate the work of EUROPARC
As Project Officer, you will provide administrative support for EUROPARC’s programmes, projects and staff and, in particular, the LIFE ENABLE project – this includes but is not limited to:
- Providing essential support to the project, working with the LIFE ENABLE Project Manager and other team members to achieve the project’s success.
- Collection and collation of activity data and statistics for reporting purposes
- Acting as a point of contact if the Project Manager is unavailable
- Preparing project reports and meeting notes
- Coordinating agendas to organise project meetings
- Supporting partners’ activities within the project – for example, provide advice and information to help partners develop their own activities
- Supporting day-to-day planning and carry out administrative duties including efficient capture of data for activity reporting.
- Monitoring progress towards deadlines and reporting any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Helping to identify problems or risks that can impede the delivery of project activities and propose solutions.
As Communications Assistant you must be excellent communicator with strong attention to detail – in this role, you will:
- Assist in maintaining web content and create and deliver social media messages
- Help to implement internal and external communications activities.
- Ensure clear communication about EUROPARC as well as the LIFE ENABLE project
- Help develop the project communication plan and implement communication actions for LIFE ENABLE
- Draft and edit materials and communications copy (e.g press releases/ brochures/ reports/ website content/ learning platform content)
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Prepare and publish social media posts
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Collect data and maintain databases
Within LIFE ENABLE, specifically you will:
- Support the creation, development and provision of LIFE ENABLE’s learning platform materials, contents and learning resources
- Support the delivery of courses including as trainer and learning event facilitator.
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal and external communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments
Your contact person for questions: Ms. Cristina Popa.
Please send us your application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates) no later than 11.59pm Sunday 27th June 2021 electronically to [email protected] .
We expect a customised CV showing how your experience meets the criteria of the post, a detailed letter indicating your motivation and how you can meet the requirements of the job description as well as what additionally you can bring to the EUROPARC team. Read the full job vacancy announcement here!
We look forward to receiving your application.
Internship opportunity in the largest network of European Protected Areas
Internship in Communications and Digital Media – please note that due to the COVID-19 health crisis, we currently do not have an internship position open.
*exclusively open for students – internship must be a required part of your studies*
- Location: Regensburg, Germany
- Duration: 6 months (flexible)
- 40 working hours a week;
- 13 days of vacation;
- Students with ERASMUS funding are welcome
The EUROPARC Federation is currently looking for a full time (40 hours) intern in its Communications department in Regensburg (DE). The intern will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the work of a wide European environmental organisation, working along with an international team. By contributing to enhancing the organisation’s outreach and communications activities, the intern will have the chance to further develop communication skills, to discover from closer the functioning of European Protected Areas and EU environmental policies and to learn about EUROPARC Federation and its programs.
Please send a 1-page motivation letter and your CV to Ms Esther Bossink (esther.bossink @ europarc.org) indicating “Internship communications position” in the subject line.
Note: the intern should be ready to cover his/her own accommodation, living and insurance costs; EU Health insurance should be united with private health / accident insurance from home country or contracted in Germany.
What our previous interns say…
Steffi: “ … The experience to intern with the EUROPARC Federation Policy office was a great learning experience professionally and personally speaking, that I can recommend to any student interested in European policy related to the field of conservation, advocacy work and intercultural cooperation. … For me it was particularly interesting to work across the broad policy areas EUROPARC operates in … Regular report writing and supporting social media activities trained my ability to filter, qualify and interpret information for particular audiences, in this case Protected Areas practitioners and authorities…”
Gaia: “…This internship experience has allowed me to deepen my knowledge of the policy-decision making process behind institutions and make me able to participate to the work they do directly, understanding better their roles and functions… I improved my communication skills working on public relations with other partners and representing several time the Federation. Was a continue growth from the professional to the personal level… This experience helped me to understand that is the field where I want to work in the future.”
Alberto: “… The internship carried out at EUROPARC Federation has resulted in a continuous growth both on a professional and personal level. It is a unique opportunity to learn about how the field of conservation and environmental protection is being developed in Europe, with a multidisciplinary work that allows to expand knowledge in a practical and effective way in important issues such as biodiversity, agriculture, tourism or climate change. The daily work with a formidable team of people, together with the possibility of collaborating with the European Institutions has been a unique and unforgettable experience for me, as well as a useful learning experience for my development as a future professional in the field of the environment. In addition to working in the field of politics through meetings, reports, recommendations, events… I have been able to develop organizational and communication skills, as well as the management of newsletters, website, social networks… This is a complete experience totally recommended to those students who wish to explore the functioning of the European political mechanism, but always with a local approach thanks to the close contact with the members of the Federation.”
if you consider yourself a good acquisition for our team, send us your cv to europarc_at_europarc.org