Welcome to the EUROPARC Federation!
EUROPARC is the umbrella body for Protected Areas in Europe. We welcome all organisations and individuals involved in work related to Protected Areas who share our vision, mission and want to support and help the work toward our aims.
The aims of the EUROPARC Federation are to promote:
- The activities of organisations and individuals concerned with Protected Areas and their values and benefits;
- Environmental awareness, education, learning and capacity building for Protected Areas across Europe;
- International co-operation, in particular by fostering multi- and transnational partnerships;
- Mutual support and assistance, in particular by the creation of networks, through exchange and understanding of ideas, skills and experience, as well as training on legislation, policy and practice relating to the organisation, administration and management of Protected Areas;
- Cooperation with and advocacy work towards the European Institutions, national governments, international and national non-governmental organisations and institutions in order to raise their concern and strengthen action for Protected Areas and to foster the aims and activities of the EUROPARC Federation, and
- Understanding and sympathy for the interests of European Protected Areas amongst the wider public.
Services for members
Members have access to our vast network across Europe. As a member, you have free and subsidised training and networking opportunities connecting you with colleagues working on the same issues across the continent, opportunities to work with us to influence and input into European policy and receive specific member communications. As a member, you will benefit from the following services:
- Become part of a trhiving network of Protected Area professionals;
- Get political representation at EU level;
- Share with and learn from other Protected Area managers in Europe;
- Get unlimited access to EUROPARC resources, such as webinars, case studies, workshops, and much more;
- Team up and get involved in one or EUROPARC Commissions to work;
- As a member, you get discounts to EUROPARC events;
- And most important, you will support EUROPARC’s mission to achieve a sustainable nature, valued by people!
Member categories you can apply for:
Group A: Organisation working at an international level, across 2 or more countries
Group B: Organisations working at a national or federal level within one country
Group C: Organisations working at a regional level within a country
Group D: Organisations working at a local level. Below regional within a region or country
Group E: Parks and other Protected Areas
Group F: Supporting Organisations
>> Download the membership fees and regulations for the biennium 2022/2023 <<
How to become a member?
It’s easy to join – just fill in the online application form.Fill in the form and join us!
If you would like to have an overview of the questions, please download the example version here.
After you fill in the online form, you will receive an email from us with a PDF of your application.
Please sign the PDF, scan (or post) and send it back to members.europarc @ europarc.org. This process is mandatory to officially become a member of the Federation, since we need a signed document.
Instead of scanning, you can also post it to:
Waffnergasse 6, 93047 Regensburg, Germany
So join us today to be a part of Europe’s biggest Protected Area network!
If you have any further questions about becoming a member please send your queries to members.europarc @ europarc.org and we will endeavour to answer them as quickly as possible.