About the Task Force
Currently, there are almost 900 Nature Regional Landscape Parks (NRLP) in 22 European countries, which is about 8 % of the European Union (+NO and CH). Although they differ across countries, they share common principles in terms of purpose, mission and governance. They are important players when it comes to sustainable rural development, sustainable agriculture, biodiversity protection and nature education (amongst others). Overall, they have been designated, with the aim to integrate the protection of biodiversity with sustainable land use and socio-economic development in their territories.
The NRL Parks Task Force is formed to support the work of the Nature Regional Landscape Parks of Europe and to strengthen the strategies and initiatives of the EUROPARC Federation Steering Committee and Directorate.
The members of the taskforce are representatives of national or regional associations of Nature Regional Landscape parks. All national or regional associations of Nature Regional Landscape parks are invited to join. Current members include:
- Kristian Bjørnstad, Chair, Norwegian Parks Association
- Ulrich Köster, Association of German Nature Parks
- Tina Müller, Swiss Parks Association
- Eric Brua and Clara Fontana, Federation of Regional Nature Parks of France
- Francine Keiser and Simone Zanter, The Nature Parks of Luxembourg
- Nina Zitz, Association of Austrian Nature Parks
- Nicolas Nederland and Baptiste Hottekiet, The Federation of Nature Parks of Wallonia
- Ruth Colbridge and Elliott Lorimer, The National Association for Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Marit Schnepf, EUROPARC Federation (directorate liaison)
You can find more information about Nature Regional Landscape Parks here.