We are the foremost and largest NGO representing the Protected Areas of Europe, uniting national parks, regional parks, nature parks and biosphere reserves in 36 countries, with the common aim of protecting Europe’s unique variety of wildlife, habitats and landscapes.
Our members are made up of professional practitioners caring for Europe’s natural, cultural and iconic landscapes. They form a network of expertise which makes a valuable contribution to nature conservation and Protected Area management in Europe as well as to environmental governance internationally.
If you want to support the work of Protected Areas in Europe, and you want to ensure that, our natural inheritance is secured and invest in an organisation that supports the people on the ground making the difference – then you have come to the right place.
The EUROPARC Federation is a not-for-profit non-governmental-organisation, dependent on financial support and expertise from our membership, partners and funders to take our work forward. As a business or individual you can also support the work we do. In doing so, you help us help nature, promote sustainable development and increase the understanding and conservation of Europe’s natural heritage. Below you will find some information that may inspire you.
Why support our work?
Protected Areas are one of the most widely used and, arguably, most effective tools for achieving conservation goals. They are one of the best and most successful ideas human society has had.
- play a significant role in supporting local, national, and international policies set up to conserve our valuable biodiversity.
- serve as places where wilderness is maintained, our natural and cultural history is preserved and sustainable use of biological resources is tested.
- contribute to people’s livelihoods and sustainable cultures and communities.
They are living, working landscape, where we connect people and nature. They are our life-support system!
Our members work on behalf of all European society to maintain our valuable green life support system and to protect our shared European natural environment. We are the collective voice of these special places and represent their views needs and aspirations for a better European natural heritage, supporting that work so that we all have a greener and more natural future.
How can you support our work?
There are many ways for you to support the work of the EUROPARC Federation and Protected Areas across Europe:
- Become a member – support our aims and benefit from the work of the entire network
- Make a single or continuous donation– monies given can be used to give direct support to projects and initiatives in the field
- Provide corporate sponsorship – support international collaboration and the work of protected areas by turning your social corporate responsibility into real action, that will resonate in the long term and have a wide international presence
- Become a project partner – work with us to develop new projects for protected areas
- Volunteer in one of our member Protected Areas across Europe – get your hands dirty by helping your local Protected Area
Thank you very much for your support.
Every little helps where the protection of our natural world is concerned.