Dialogue and partnership with EU institutions
To achieve its policy priorities, EUROPARC has established fruitful connections with the representatives and the departments of the European Commission, the European Parliament, and the Committee of the Regions that are more relevant for the Protected Areas’ work. On that webpage you can find the most important institutions that EUROPARC works with and follows to represent Protected Areas.
European Commission – Institutional Groups
The Commissioner 2019-2024
On the 18th of June 2020, EUROPARC Federation had the opportunity to exchanges views with the Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries, Virginijus Sinkevičius. Carol Ritchie and Ignace Schops were representing Protected Areas to discuss about the new Biodiversity Strategy 2030. To learn more about the meeting, we invite you to visit this article!
The Former Commissioners 2015-2019
The previous Commissioners, Karmenu Vella, opened the EUROPARC Conference in 2016 and 2017.
At the European Commission, we also follow the following Directorate-General:
- Directorate-General for the Environment (DG ENV)
- Directorate-General for the Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI)
- Directorate-General for the Climate Action (DG CLIMA)
- Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture (DG EAC)
- Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW)
Read about our annual event with the Commission in Seminar Dialogue pages!!
European Parliament & Members (MEPs) – Committees and Intergroups
Members of European Parliament are divided in Committees to follow specific topics. EUROPARC follows the debates of the following committees and intergroups:
- Environment, Public Health & Food Safety Committee
- Agriculture and Rural Development Committee
- Transport and Tourism Committee
- Regional Development Committee
- Fisheries Committee
- Culture and Education Committee
- Intergroup “Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development”
European Committee of the Regions
We also work in cooperation with the European Committee of Regions in Brussels and especially the following Commissions: