This activity is supported by:
Communication Training Seminar
Increasing capacity for communicating Natura 2000 sites
15 -20 March 2015, Brasov Romania
EUROPARC as a part of the LIFE EME project (Efficient Managers for Efficient Natura 2000 Network) is organising this spring a second 5-day training seminar on communication, aimed at Natura 2000 sites managers and staff. The main purpose of this course is to increase the capacity and skills of individuals for communicating the importance of Natura 2000 sites, especially within the managers and staff working in and for Natura 2000 sites in Europe. This 5-day course will cover different communication aspects from presentations, writing skills, work with local communities, negotiations, work with the media and social media and similar. Detailed programme for this course will be published in the following weeks.
To enable delegates to learn more about communication skills, and to practice in a safe environment.
By the end of the course, delegates should have:
– A better understanding of the role and importance of Natura 2000 sites and networks
– A better understanding of how to communicate effectively, particularly within the context of Natura 2000
– An insight into the purpose of communication strategies, include communication within and outside the organisation
– Exposure to, and experience of, new communication skills, presentation skills, feedback and listening skills
– Discussed some techniques for two-way communication with groups, such as negotiation and facilitation techniques
– Throughout this course, time will be given to reflect on techniques used and to actively have a go
This course would appeal to managers of Protected Areas and Natura 2000 sites who would like to increase their understanding of communication strategies and to develop a broad range of communication skills. This course is aimed at individuals with a beginner level of knowledge in communication.
Number of places is limited (20!). Eligible participants need to fulfil the criteria below:
– Work in or with Natura 2000 sites
– (and/or) work in Protected Areas consisting of N2000 sites
– (and/or) work in environmental organisations or public bodies dealing with N2000 sites
– Knowledge of Natura 2000 sites/network, European based
– Interested in developing communication skills and/or have some communication background
– Good knowledge of English language (understanding and speaking)
– Be able to transfer the knowledge to others
NOTE: This course is aimed at beginner level participants in communication. Candidates with broad range of experience in communications, and communications experts such as press, communication and marketing officers are not eligible for this course.
The training programme will be delivered in English, using the Natura 2000 Communication Training material developed during the project’s course. This seminar will be closely linked with the Natura 2000 Communication Programme, Manual and Toolkit. Participants will be provided with the learning material for the seminar.
Janice Burley: Down 2 Earth Training and Facilitation
An experienced trainer who has delivered courses to managers of protected areas since 2001.
Other guest trainers to be confirmed
- The full board stay (accommodation and food in the period of 15.03.2015-20.03.2015) is provided for the participants, free of charge.
- The seminar is free of charge for the participants.
- EUROPARC will subsidize the participant’s travel in the maximum amount of 250 Euros.
All the additional costs, participants or the sending organisations will have to cover on their own.
Participants need to make their own travel arrangement to Romania, and the reimbursement of the travel costs up to the maximum amount of 250 Euros will be done once the seminar takes place. More information on reimbursement will follow later.
Click here for a full project description.