Sustainable Tour Operators
Having created sustainable destinations with public, business and communities working together, agreeing sustainable practices with tour operators who bring visitors to the protected areas, completes the sustainable tourism charter cycle .
This part of the ECST process provides an opportunity for operators that organise tours to and within Protected Areas to be recognised under the ECST.
In order to view only Sustainable Tour Operators, click in the top left corner of the map and select ECST Part III.
This requires tour operators to commit to the ECST vision, mission and principles and to demonstrate significant adherence to sustainability criteria in their own operations and management. They should also be engaged in partnership working with protected area authorities, communities and local businesses.
The French and Spanish EUROPARC sections have led the way in promoting and implementing the methodology to certify sustainable practices of tour operators working in Protected Areas. Tour operators working under this framework will agree to work in partnership with the authority responsible for the strategy in the protected area and the local.
What are the benefits of Sustainable Tour Operators?
Tour operators working under this framework will agree to work in partnership with the authority responsible for the strategy in the protected area and the local tourist-service providers. This will involve analysing the compatibility of its products with the objectives of the area. The visitor flow they attract to an area must respect and not damage the heritage resources that the tourists come to see. Working with the ECST full brings a range of benefits to tour operators.
SUSTAINABILITY & COOPERATION
- Enables a closer engagement with Protected Area authorities;
- Strenghtens the sustainability of products and services;
- Increases visitor satisfaction;
- Allows you to gain measureable environmental, economic and social benefits;
- Directly contributes to the protection and sustainable management of your natural and cultural heritage.
VISIBILITY & PROMOTION
- Right to use the ECST logos for Partners and Tour Operators;
- Visibility on the EUROPARC website and network of Sustainable Destinations;
- Eligibility to apply for the STAR Awards, a special EUROPARC award for Business Partners and Tour Operators, awarded at the European Parliament;
- Recognition and promotion at national and European level.
NETWORKING & CAPACITY BUILDING
- Access to the European Network of Sustainable Destinations for the development of new business opportunities;
- Networking with other businesses in sustainable tourism;
- Possibility of engaging with projects and funding;
- Learning new ideas through participation in the ECST Network Meetings;
- Engagement with training and marketing opportunities;
- Access to EUROPARC “library” of online tools and trainings in sustainable tourism.
Sustainable Tour Operators in France
PN DES CÉVENNES: Azimut Voyage
Sustainable Tour Operators in Spain
P.N. ZONA VOLCÀNICA DE LA GARROTXA: Trescàlia
P.N. DELTA DE L`EBRE – NOMADA VIATGES –
P.N.Y NACIONAL DE SIERRA NEVADA – ECOTURISMO GRANADA
P.N. Y NACIONAL DE SIERRA NEVADA – GENUINESPAIN
PARQUE REGIONAL DE SIERRA ESPUÑA – ENTRETIERRAS
PARQUE NACIONAL DE GARAJONAY – TEMOCODA VIAJES