Welcome, Bienvenue, Willkommen!
EUROPARC Federation currently represents 365 members. These include protected areas, governmental departments, NGO's and businesses in 36 countries, who themselves manage the green jewels of Europe's land, sea, mountains, forests, rivers and cultural heritage. Nature knows no boundaries and we therefore facilitate international co-operation in all aspects of protected area management to further and improve and conserve our shared natural inheritance. We endeavour to exchange expertise, experience and best practise as well as to collaborate with others to ensure the value and meaning of protected areas is at the heart of Europe.
If you want to find out more about who we are or what we do please follow these links or use the menu at the top of the page to navigate through the EUROPARC network and its work. Within the site you will also find interesting information about whats on and new within the Federation and Brussels and downloadable copies of some of our publications in our library.
Follow this link for address of the Regensburg office, the Brussels office and staff contact details.
Don't miss the biggest event of the year!
And the countdown started... 288 hours left!
Here at the EUROPARC headquarters, we are in our 7th gear with the last minute preparations and very excited with the large number of folks that already registered to attend this year’s conference in Killarney National Park, on the Emerald Isle. A brilliant line-up of speakers, presenters and workshop leaders are joining us to inspire and share their expertise so that together we investigate a fantastic program focused on "Understanding the Value of Nature”!
The engine behind the Federation’s pursuit are our members whom we warmly invite to participate at our General Assembly on the 29th of September (14:00). We strongly encourage you to attend the General Assembly as this is a special year when you will be able to chart the Federation’s future.
After 3 years, EUROPARC is holding again elections for the post of President and Council Members. Your vote does matter and if you are unable to attend, please consider applying for a proxy vote.
- All the reports for this important meeting are available in our members’ library. ( see here)
- Our NEW EUROPARC Strategy draft is now also available in three languages (EN, FR, DE). See here for more information. Join us at this year’s General Assembly on 29th of September in Ireland where you will have the opportunity to vote for the approval of the new strategy draft.
Do not miss our most important gathering of the year!
For more information on the conference, follow the links below:
- EUROPARC Research Workshop - Living Landscapes: Practice partnerships in Europe's protected areas
- EUROPARC eNews: Free, Simple and Safe - let the nature heal you!
- Free, Simple, and Safe - let the nature heal you! Health and PAs
- European Day of Parks 2014 campaign - Parks for Nature. Parks for well-being. Parks for peace - chooses its winner with an overwhelming number of votes!
- EUROPARC's new 6-year strategy on its way to completion
Planning and Managing Tourism in Protected Areas10th September 2014
The mobile seminar on Planning and Managing Tourism in Protected Areas is an intensive, 2.5 week sem ...
You are invited to the beautiful island of Rügen to attend the 2014 Youth Congress on biodivers ...
European Rural Sustainable Gathering - "Livin...18th September 2014
This three-day gathering will be an excellent opportunity to meet people with a spirit of action for ...