Bringing together Protected Area professionals to share experience and knowledge in differing aspects of Protected Area (PAs) management and innovate new ideas is at the heart of the EUROPARC Federation’s work. Thanks to the kind support of the Alfred Toepfer Stiftung, EUROPARC is organising since 2009 an annual training seminar for EUROPARC members.
In 2017, we focused on the topic Sustainable Agriculture in and around Protected Areas”, one of the Federation’s Strategic Theme (see EUROPARC Strategy 2015-2021). 20 participants from 10 countries have joined the Seminar, including representatives from different EUROPARC Sections and from 2 NGOs working in the field of Sustainable Agriculture.
The seminar fitted its purpose. The high level of knowledge, experience and interest of all participants was very positive for the debates and conclusions. The event included 2 key-speeches, 19 case studies (including presentations in sessions and case studies collection), 4 EUROPARC presentations (about the federation’s work, partnership tools, and CAP public consultation), questions time, debates and interactive sessions.
Please download below the presentations and the full Report, and share the web article about Protected Areas and Sustainable Agriculture.
- pdfSiggen Seminar 2017 - Report
- pdfS.Petrosillo EUROPARC Fed. - CAP consultation
- pdfP.Schmelzle EUROPARC FRANCE -Sustainable Agriculture
- pdfM.Perrone Cinque Terre Park - Landscape
- pdfK.Lotman Envi. Board Estonia - Nordic Baltic perspective
- pdfK.Lotman Envi. Board Estonia - Alvar grassland restoration
- pdfH.Schiphorst Dutch National Parks -WWNP sustainable farming
- pdfG.Calvi Adamello Park - Animating communities
- pdfF.Richarz Naturparck Obersauer -Agriculture cooperation
- pdfE.Field RSPB- Conservation in farmland
- pdfD.Metera IFOAM -Farmers perspective
- pdfC.Teofili Federparchi - PAs food sources
- pdfT.Byrne Wicklow Uplands Council - Presentation's SCRIPT
- pdfT.Byrne Wicklow Uplands Council - Farming in the Wicklow Uplands