TransParcNet meeting 2015
Bavarian Forest and Šumava National Parks (DE/CZ)
The 7th TransParcNet meeting took place from 9th to 12th June 2015 in the National Parks Bavarian Forest (DE) and Šumava (CZ).
Experts in cross-border cooperation in Protected Areas came together to share good practices in transboundary cooperation, discover cross-border partnerships in other parks and look into common project ideas.
This year’s meeting will looked at “The value of healthy ecosystems for nature and people” from a transboundary perspective. We studied practical examples of raised bog restoration as well as the natural dynamic of ecosystems and their effects on biodiversity. We enjoyed views on the area from mountain tops and tree top walks, learning about the value of visitor management in order for everybody to benefit from the natural landscape.
A full report on the meeting will follow shortly. In the meantime, find below the presentations given at the meeting for you to download.
- pdf2015 TransParcNet Meeting Report
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Jakub Kaspar: EUROPARC Central and Eastern Europe
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Brady Mattsson: ForAdapt project
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Matti Hovi: Recent and Future Transboundary collaboration of Oulanka and Paanajärvi National Parks
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_BOKU Vienna: Socio-economic-monitoring
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Ivana Bufkova: Mire restoration Sumava National Park
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Melanie Kreutz: European Green Belt Initiative
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Kaja Lotman: Nature conservation cooperation between Latvia and Estonia
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_EUROPARC: Transboundary Parks Programme and TransParcNet
- pdfTransParcNet 2015_Invitation and programme