VI Conference of the Iberian Network of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism
On 4-5 of November, the Iberian Network of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism will host its VI Conference!
The municipality of Sabugal, EUROPARC Spain and EUROPARC Federation will organise the sixth conference of the Iberian Network of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism (ECST), which will take place online on the 4th and 5th of November 2020. At the conference participants will be able to get to know the ECST as a participatory planing instrument for sustainable tourism in protected areas (PAs). The conference is for free, but registration is needed.
The Conference will be held in Zoom platform and will be in Portuguese and Spanish with simultaneous translation Pt-Es.
You can register here!
The European Charter for Sustainable Tourism Network in Spain and Portugal is an initiative of the Spanish and Portuguese parks, which have obtained this recognition, together with EUROPARC. It was created with the aim of encouraging communication between the actors involved in the project and promoting actions and networking in the Iberian Peninsula. Its organisation alternates between Portugal and Spain. The Network comprises a total of 35 protected areas, 27 in Spain and 8 in Portugal.
Why join the conference?
The conference will:
- Deepen issues related to sustainable tourism and the ECST instrument, which are of special interest to PAs;
- Promote the exchange of experiences and present some practical cases developed in the PA of the ECST Network in relation to the Covid-19 context and the proactive way in which these parks had to manage and adapt to the situation;
- Strengthen and consolidate the network operation of the PAs and tourism companies in Spain and Portugal that are recognized as Charter partners of the ECST;
- Identify communication, promotion, organization and sale strategies for ECST destinations and their member companies;
You can find the programme here.
Who should join?
The conference is addressed specifically to:
- Directors and technical personnel from Protected Areas with ECST (or in the process of joining);
- Tourist companies adhering to the ECST Phase II or who are members of the Forum;
- Travel agencies adhering to the ECST Phase III or who are members of the Forum;
- Public / private entities in Protected Areas with ECST or in adherence;
- Other corporate bodies, associations and other agents, students, etc.
The conference is an excellent opportunity to get to know other ECST partners, address problems or opportunities and network with like-minded institutions and Protected Areas.