Outdoor Activities for Inclusion: new toolbox available
“Outdoor Activities for Inclusion” is a multi-stage project that aims to expand the use of outdoor activities as a tool supporting inclusion in youth work. It has been launched by the Oivanki Outdoor Education Center (Finland), with support of the Erasmus + programme.
A toolbox of outdoor games and activities for inclusion
The toolbox, created in 2019, is a collection of outdoor activities that can be used to improve inclusion, especially in youth work. The first part gather examples of national games from 9 countries, the second part lists implemented activities in those countries. In the last part, you can read about the Lessons learned and Tips from the implementation stage.
The project improves the level of key competencies and skills of youth workers, young people and also promotes social inclusion.
The project aims to:
- acquire and improve competencies for using outdoor activities as a tool for inclusion in youth work;
- acquire and improve competences on empathizing and defining the needs of target groups;
- acquire and improve competences on developing, prototyping and testing outdoor activities supporting the inclusion in local communities;
- acquire and improve competences on involving youth in developing Erasmus+ projects supporting inclusion through outdoor activities, and
- develop and disseminate a toolbox of outdoor games and activities supporting the inclusion.
Download the toolbox
About the coordinating organisation
Nouriso-ja luontomatkakailukeskus Oivanki is an Outdoor Education Centre. It is a non-profit organisation based in Kuusamo and owned by the town of Kuusamo. It runs as an LTD-Corporation, with a separate budget for youth activities supervised by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Finland.