Get to know For Play, Star Awards winner 2019
Congratulations! Star Awards 2019 winner “Innovation”
“For Play” is the EUROPARC Star Awards 2019 winner in the category of “Innovation”. This category is a special recognition for its exceptional creativity and foresight. They are pioneers in transition to Sustainable Tourism in Coastal dunes Natural and Regional Park, Italy.
The blue of the sea, the red of the land and the green for innovation
For Play is a young company that allows visitors to explore the region of Coastal dunes Natural and Regional Park, based on the principle of sustainable mobility. Using a fleet of colourful and snappy electric cars, they set a new way of circulating in the region.
Sustainable, funny and affordable. The best way to bring out the richness of the country.
Electric vehicles produce zero emission and zero noise, being in total respect with the environment. The little cars are the ideal way to move, slowly and safely, throughout the maze of narrow streets bordered by stone walls of Ostuni and the ups and downs of Itria Valley.
Besides, the cars and the itineraries provided allow the visitors to spread and discover new places and assets that are not normally visited. This benefits both tourists and locals:
- It offers an alternative to the traditional beach-tourism, they can appreciate nature and traditional practices in a respectful way,
- The project makes available historical sites, such as private areas, unreachable by other means, thus, presenting new realities of the territory
- Deseasonalisation of tourist flow and decongesting the beaches during the summer peak
- It promotes the possibilities and importance of Sustainable Tourism and mobility
- Enhance the local development through promotion and collaboration with local businesses
- Provide an alternative for reduced-mobility collectives to discover the region
Itineraries with awareness
On your own or with a qualified guide, For play shows visitors the cultural, historical and natural wonders of the territory. The itineraries range from tours through vineyards and olive trees to natural or culinary journeys. In this way, they promote local producers, farmers, and businesses. Creating a strong network that stimulates the growth and development of small communities, is also respectful towards the environment.
The activities are supported and complemented with explanations and instructions on how to behave when in natural habitats, their peculiarities, and threats.
This has attracted residents and locals, that also use the services. With their engagement, a network of charging points has been developed to facilitate mobility and reassure users as they travel.
A growing network
Beyond businesses and producers, For play also collaborates with schools to engage the youth in the understanding of carbon-reduction. Scientists and events sensitize the society about respecting the territory. And the Park operators themselves use the cars when needed.