Consultations for a new EUROPARC Federation Strategy
Moving forward – consultations for a new EUROPARC Federation Strategy
Our strategy is the mechanism through which we implement our mission and vision, ensuring the work of the Federation is valuable to our members. It provides a framework of what EUROPARC as an organisation wants to achieve so we can plan effectively and ensure adequate support to the work for Protected Areas in Europe.
2021 will be the final year of our current strategy which we started in 2015 after extensive consultation with our members.
EUROPARC is a member’s association. You, the members are vital to shape and prioritise how and what the organisation delivers. Your opinion is important to us. Your contribution, with concrete inputs from the field, will feed into our new Strategy. We want to hear from you, to make sure our efforts and energy go directly into areas prioritised by you, this is why we started online consultations for a new EUROPARC Federation Strategy, open until the 7th of August.
Access the questionnaire here:
The consultation process:
In order to guarantee broad participation, there are a number of opportunities to ensure you can share ideas, thoughts, needs, expectations and proposals.
- The Strategy Consultation is a wide process, started already in 2019 with some initial online sounding questions. Results were shared and discussed during our General Assembly in Latvia.
- We are now launching an online questionnaire, available in different languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Please take the time to fill this out. It should take around 20 minutes and will help us take into consideration what your organisation needs from EUROPARC and how we can best provide support. Note that we are looking for one answer per member. An email was sent to the contact person of each organisation with the link to fill in the questionnaire. Please answer the questionnaire by the 17th of July. Note that the questionnaire is to be filled exclusively by EUROPARC members, and the membership number will be asked. If you haven’t received the email, have any questions, or indeed, need to know your Member id, please drop us an email to [email protected].
- In parallel with the online questionnaire, we are currently running a number of online consultation workshops, organised with the support of our Sections. Workshops are being held in the first language of the section hosting. A great opportunity to share your views and ideas for the future of our organisation. See the full calendar of online workshops and find the one that suits you best:
|Low Countries||20th of May|
|Central and Eastern Europe||22nd May|
|France||26th of May|
|Nordic-Baltic||9th of June|
|Atlantic Isles||16th of June|
|Spain||22th of June|
|Italy||23rd of July,|
|Germany||10th of July|
|Open session for Non-Section members (in English)||26th of June
Access the questionnaire here:
What happens next?
- Over summer we will start elaborating the data collected via the online survey and during the course of the consultation workshops;
- In September a specific workshop will take place with Council Members, Section Representatives and Directorate to analyse data, discuss further inputs and start prioritising main areas of work;
- In October at the General Assembly, first outcomes of the consultation will be shared.
- In March 2021 a first draft of the new strategy will be prepared and then circulated for review across the network.
- A final version will then be produced and sent out to members, to be voted on at the General Assembly 2021.
- The new strategy will then enter into force in January 2022.
The input of our members is of great importance to us. We thank you in advance for taking the time to contribute to our new strategy and we look forward to hearing your recommendations!