We are hiring: Project Officer & Communications Assistant
Full-time Project Officer & Communications Assistant (f/m/d)
EUROPARC is looking to recruit a talented individual who can complement the EUROPARC team. He or she will work to support the administration and implementation of various projects and, specifically, EUROPARC’s communications activities.
As the lead partner of a new ambitious capacity-building project (LIFE ENABLE), there is a specific role as Project Officer/ Communications Assistant. This supporting role is critical to the effective and efficient running of the project.
We offer a chance to bring your passion for nature and communications together, working to connect people with nature and value Protected Areas across Europe.
This is a full-time position (40 hr/week). The contract is limited to 3 years (project-based).
The place of work is Regensburg Headquarter or Brussels Office.
The applicant needs to be able to work in the EU currently, without restrictions.
Start date: ideally beginning of August, but early September at the latest.
- Affinity with EUROPARC’s mission, values, and core principles
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant or similar role
- Experience in supporting the delivery of EU funded projects
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Clear ability to work in English both written and spoken
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is desired but not essential, sufficient and extensive experience would need to be detailed
- Knowledge of project funding procedures, technical guidelines, and reporting processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Willing to learn and grow in the post
- The ability to communicate in multiple languages, is an advantage
- International working environment
- A small and dedicated team
- Support and guidance from an experienced and multi-national team
- Work in an exciting, high energy environment where you can make a difference
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth
- The opportunity to bring new ideas to our team, and your contribution to develop and innovate the work of EUROPARC
As Project Officer, you will provide administrative support for EUROPARC’s programs, projects, and staff and, in particular, the LIFE ENABLE project – this includes but is not limited to:
- Providing essential support to the project, working with the LIFE ENABLE Project Manager and other team members to achieve the project’s success.
- Collection and collation of activity data and statistics for reporting purposes
- Acting as a point of contact if the Project Manager is unavailable
- Preparing project reports and meeting notes
- Coordinating agendas to organize project meetings
- Supporting partners’ activities within the project – for example, provide advice and information to help partners develop their own activities
- Supporting day-to-day planning and carry out administrative duties including efficient capture of data for activity reporting.
- Monitoring progress towards deadlines and reporting any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Helping to identify problems or risks that can impede the delivery of project activities and propose solutions.
As Communications Assistant you must be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail – in this role, you will:
- Assist in maintaining web content and create and deliver social media messages
- Help to implement internal and external communications activities.
- Ensure clear communication about EUROPARC as well as the LIFE ENABLE project
- Help develop the project communication plan and implement communication actions for LIFE ENABLE
- Draft and edit materials and communications copy (e.g press releases/ brochures/ reports/ website content/ learning platform content)
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Prepare and publish social media posts
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Collect data and maintain databases
Within LIFE ENABLE, specifically, you will:
- Support the creation, development, and provision of LIFE ENABLE’s learning platform materials, contents, and learning resources
- Support the delivery of courses including as trainer and learning event facilitator.
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal and external communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments
Your contact person for questions: Ms. Cristina Popa.
Please send us your application in English (CV, Cover letter, and certificates) no later than 11.59 pm Sunday 27th June 2021 electronically to [email protected] .
We expect a customized CV showing how your experience meets the criteria of the post, a detailed letter indicating your motivation and how you can meet the requirements of the job description as well as what additionally you can bring to the EUROPARC team. Read the full job description here!
We look forward to receiving your application.
1.Late applications after the 27th of June won’t be considered.
2.Due to the expected number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
3.Interviews will be held in English and will take place online via ZOOM. The intended dates for the interviews are the 1st and 2nd of July. You need to be available on the interview dates proposed. Times can be agreed.