Registration for the EUROPARC Youth Camp ”Taking the lead for Nature” is now open!
EUROPARC Youth Camp – Spain 2015 ”Taking the lead for Nature”
EUROPARC Federation, with the great support of the Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici National Park, is delighted to announce the organisation of a Youth International Camp as part of the YOUTH+ programme. An exceptional opportunity for 30 young people from European Protected Areas to learn, discuss and share experiences, embarking together on a journey to the future of nature in Europe.
- EUROPARC Youth Camp, 31st August – 5th September 2015 Boì, Spain.
- 18-25 year youth from Junior Ranger or other educational programmes in European Protected Areas; EUROPARC membership of the Protected Area necessary.
- Deadline for application: 26th of June. Places are limited!
- Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including letter of motivation.
- Notification about successful application: from end of June onwards.
EUROPARC Federation has been connecting young people in Europe through environmental education programmes for over 12 years and is now working to develop a new international programme specifically addressed to Youth (18+). We are temporary calling this new program YOUTH+.
YOUTH+ is aiming to offer youth the opportunity to:
- Keep learning about nature conservation in Europe
- Develop leadership skills and play an active role in supporting the work of the PA in the JR programme
- Develop advocacy skills and contribute to include youth perspective in governance and management of PA
- Develop communication skills to speak on behalf of the PA
- Network internationally with peers from PAs across Europe
Do not miss this amazing opportunity and register now!
Anniversary of the European Diploma for Protected Areas and International Day for Biological Diversity
On 21-22 May the Council of Europe will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the European Diploma for PAs and the International Day for Biological Diversity through a Workshop on “Protected Areas in Europe: the next 50 years”.
The Workshop will take place at the Regional Park of Migliarino, San Rossore and Massaciuccoli (Italy), and is organised with the sponsorship of the Ministry of Environment of Italy and of the Tuscany Region, and in cooperation with EUROPARC Federation.
The participants will address the challenges that Protected Areas face in an interconnected world, where technology and globalisation are changing people’s perception of the natural environment.
The workshop will also serve to exchange experiences and ideas on:
- the use of information technologies and citizen science for sustainable conservation of areas of importance for biological diversity;
- how climate change, globalisation and invasive alien species will change the nature conservation policies and management;
- and innovative management of Protected Areas.
The EUROPARC Federation will definitely be present during this special event and we hope to see many of you in the beautiful Regional Park of Migliarino, San Rossore and Massaciuccoli!
For more information see here.
Job vacancy: Communications Officer
The EUROPARC Federation is looking for a Communication Officer!
Do you have any interest for nature conservation, sustainable development, European environment policy development with a good background in communication?
Then have a look on our latest job vacancy.
Operating from the headquarters in Regensburg, with ongoing connection to our Brussels office, the Communications Officer will have a crucial role contributing to implement the Federation workplan in close cooperation with the EUROPARC dedicated team.
For more details and information: http://www.europarc.org/get-involved/join-us/job-vacancies/
Spread the word and good luck to all the candidates!
Alfred Toepfer Medal Nominations are now open!
If you know someone who has dedicated himself to nature conservation in Europe and protected area work, then please consider nominating this person for the Alfred Toepfer Medal. Nominated by EUROPARC members this gives an opportunity to the work done to be praised and valued by peers. The award is given publically at the annual EUROPARC conference.
You have until 29 May 2015 to nominate candidates for the Alfred Toepfer Medal by filling in the form below and then sending it to: email@example.com
Good luck to all of the candidates!