Opportunity for young people from all over Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg – MAB JUGENDFORUM 2019
You are young, live, work or engage in a biosphere reserve and want to make a difference?
You want to know more about sustainable life and business?
You would like to meet like-minded people from all over Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg?
In case you answered these questions with yes this is a perfect opportunity for you! EUROPARC Germany is organizing an event for young people from 18 to 25 years of age who would like to take part in „MAB Jugendforum 2019“ in UNESCO-Biosphärenreservat Rhön!
From the 6th to the 9th of September 2019.
Participation is free for you.
Click here for the preliminary program.
Who can participate?
Young workers and apprentices from biosphere reserves in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Luxembourg
What can you expect at the Youth Forum?
– You spend an extended weekend (06.-09.09.19) in the environment education center Rhöniversum in the biosphere reserve Rhön (Bavaria) with a varied and exclusive program.
– You get to know about 70 other young and open-minded people who are in similar life situations, and with whom you share experiences and interests, but also can have fun,
– You acquire new knowledge and skills or deepen what you already know, e.g. nature conservation, corporate responsibility, regional marketing, project management, personal initiative, teamwork, and presentation techniques,
– You get support in the development and implementation of a small project in the “own” biosphere reserve and
– You get the chance to present your ideas and demands for the future of biosphere reserves.
What is your responsibility?
– If your application is successful, you make a binding commitment to participate throughout the Youth Forum from 06.09.19 in the afternoon to 09.09.19 in the morning (excluding travel times).
– You will meet with “your” biosphere reserve administration and possibly other participants from the region on approx. 2-3 dates to discuss and plan your own small project, which can be implemented after the Youth Forum.
– You go into eventful days with approx. 70 other participants from all over Germany and neighboring countries with an openness for new things and you are ready to get actively involved in the program
– if your project receives prize money, you use it for the realization of the project and complete the project together with “your” biosphere reserve administration.
When and how can you apply?
From now on, just fill out the application form.
What happens after the application?
By the 15.06.2019, you will be informed about your participation in the MAB Youth Forum.
Which costs will be covered?
The costs for overnight stays, meals, arrival, and departure, as well as the program costs, will be covered. You only have to pay for additional drinks.
How do you arrive and depart?
The recommendation is to travel by train to Gersfeld (Hesse) or Bad Neustadt an der Saale (Bavaria) railway stations, from where shuttle buses will be used to the conference center. The departure will be the other way round.
Take a look at the map of Biosphere Reserves in Germany.