LIFE ENABLE | A thrilling and intense first half of 2023
LIFE ENABLE has had an exciting year so far! Several reasons for celebration are in order!
It all started in February with the European Nature Academy Induction Meeting 🌍💪🧠🤓
Take a look at the short video:
We met the first intake of participants in person and kicked off their collaborative learning groups – “PODs”. This was a wonderful start to the ENA journey
Without a doubt, this diverse group of 59 managers from 24 countries brings a wealth of experience, enthusiasm and passion to learn to the European Nature Academy:
The energy, positivity and hunger to network was openly evident in the Induction meeting: we could not have asked for a better start to the European Nature Academy.
European Nature Academy
Following the Induction meeting, we continued our collaboration online – on the European Nature Academy.
Between March and June, participants took part in 11 Online Modules during Course 1 | Core Competencies for Effective Management of Natura 2000 & Protected Areas across Europe. They have also been introduced to the Marine and Forest Courses, as well as Train the Trainers Induction Courses.
Modules included specialised interactive online sessions, some also featuring case studies and guest speakers, including:
- Federico Minozzi | Managing Director, EUROPARC Federation
- Santtu Kareksela | Senior Specialist (Nature conservation) in Parks & Wildlife Finland
- Stefano Santi | Co-chair of the EUROPARC Transboundary Cooperation Task force
- Jorge Sánchez-Cruzado | Altekio S.Coop
- Nicolette Bolté | Area developer Experimental Gardens and Marketing, NP Weerribben-Wieden
- Silvia Argentiero | Communication, social media and press relations, Parco Nord Milano
- Emanuele Raso & Francesco Marchese, Cinque Terre National Park: Actions and project for the management of a cultural landscape | StoneWallsForLife project.
- Daniel Åberg, Elena Bazhenova, Jimena Castillo, Kullaberg Nature Reserve
- Conchi Piñeiro | Altekio S.Coop.
Putting acquired skills to use
During their ENA Journey so far, participants also completed several individual and POD tasks, enabling them to apply their learning to benefit their Natura 2000 sites and Protected Areas. One of the tasks was also to make a short video.
Have a look at the winning video from our POD Resilient Forests!
You can also check out Yellow Submarine POD’s video, which took 2nd place!
The video from POD Oak can be seen here.
The journey continues!
Our participants have busy summer months ahead of them.
Working on their ENA Assignments, Marine, Forest and Train the Trainers Courses.
We are already looking forward to the second intake of participants that will have the opportunity to apply toward the end of 2023! 🤩
Read about LIFE ENABLE!
In English and Spanish
LIFE ENABLE has been featured in several publications. Most recent ones include:
“Being close – News from the Alfred Toepfer Academy for Nature Conservation”
Available in English
Available in Spanish
We wish you happy viewing & reading! 🤓📰
LIFE ENABLE Team